Gastronomes will be delighted with our mouth-watering seasonal menu, which is complemented by a comprehensive selection of daily specials
Please advise your server of any food allergies. We cannot guarantee that our dishes will be completely allergen-free.
- BREAD BOARD · 8.50 Homemade mixed bread served with hummus, curry oil, tapenade, and Irish butter
- DUCK PANCAKES · 8.50 Crispy confit duck served with steamed pancakes, hoisin, cucumber, and spring onion
- THE HILLSIDE CHICKEN WINGS · 8.50 The Hillside’s crispy chicken wings served with homemade hot sauce, carrot, celery, and her branch dressing
- SCALLOP AND PORK BELLY · 10.50 Seared local king scallop served with braised pork belly, black pudding, celeriac, vanilla, and apple
- PORK BELLY BITES · 8.50 The Hillside’s famous pork belly bites tossed in our sweet sticky chilli glaze served with pak choi, coriander and chilli
- BEEF CROQUETTES · 8.95 Irish stout braised beef brisket and Young Buck blue cheese crispy croquettes served with watercress salad and English mustard aïoli
- CHOWDER · 9.00 Smoked haddock, salmon, and prawn chowder served with homemade wheaten bread and Irish butter
- CHICKEN SUPREME · 17.50 Pan-seared corn fed chicken supreme served with smoked bacon and leek rösti, charred asparagus, Applewood Irish cheddar, sun-blushed tomatoes, chorizo cream and crispy leeks
- LAMB RUMP · 18.50 Pan-seared Mourne lamb rump served with Parmesan gnocchi, goats’ curd, green peas, bacon lardons, salsa verde and a merlot mint jus
- BACON CHOP · 17.00 Carnbrooke Begney Hill sugar pit bacon chop served with pea purée, Clonakilty black pudding, burnt onion mash, poached hen’s egg, and free range hollandaise
- RIBEYE STEAK · 29.50 Local 10oz dry-aged Ribeye steak served with roasted cherry vine tomato, onion rings, triple cooked chips and peppercorn sauce
- PIE OF THE DAY · 16.00 Pie of the day served with a puff pastry lid, creamy champ, seasonal greens, and roasted root vegetables
- BEEF BURGER · 16.00 8oz prime Lisdergan beef burger served with a sourdough bun, bacon, red onion marmalade, Irish cheddar, gem lettuce, pickle, beef tomato and triple cooked chips
- MALAYSIAN CHICKEN CURRY · 16.00 Malaysian style chicken curry served with turmeric and coriander scented basmati rice, pineapple chutney, garlic, and coriander naan
- CHICKEN FILLET BURGER · 16.00 Buttermilk southern fried chicken fillet burger served with Dubliner cheddar on a brioche bap with beef tomato, gem lettuce, tobacco onions, Cajun aïoli and skinny fries
- BEEF LASAGNE · 15.00 The Hillside’s traditional Lisdergan beef lasagne served with mixed leaf salad, pink slaw, and garlic sourdough toast
- PASTA OF THE DAY · 16.00 Pasta served with aged Parmesan, rocket and garlic crostini
- CRISPY BEER BATTERED HADDOCK · 15.00 Local beer battered haddock served with charred lemon, tartar sauce, pea purée, curry sauce and triple cooked chips
- HAKE FILLET · 18.00 Crispy skin line-caught hake fillet served with saffron and garden pea risotto with cockles and mussels
- VEGGIE LASANGE · 15.00 Spinach and pine nut lasagne topped with Applewood smoked cheddar, mushrooms and tomato ragù with garlic crostini
- VEGGIE BURGER · 15.00 Spiced mixed bean burger served with grilled bap, topped with Ballymaloe relish, sweet potato fries and pickle slaw
- VEGAN CURRY · 16.00 Aubergine and roast red pepper served with black bean sauce, turmeric and coriander scented rice and poppadom
- VEGGIE KATSU CURRY · 16.00 Roast butternut squash and chickpea katsu curry served with cardamom and coriander scented rice with poppadom
- HAND CUT CHIPS
- HILLSIDE CAJUN FRIES
- SKINNY FRIES
- HOUSE SALAD
- GARLIC POTATOES
- SEASONAL VEGETABLES
- CHILLI FRIES
- TOBACCO ONIONS
- ONION RINGS
- PARMESAN FRIES · 5 Parmesan and truffle triple cooked chips with truffle mayo
- DIRTY FRIES · 6 Dirty fries, bacon, jalapeños, Sriracha, local cheddar and crispy onions
- WILD MUSHROOM AND TRUFFLE CREAM
- RED WINE AND THYME JUS
- PEPPERCORN AND COGNAC CREAM
- CASHEL BLUE CHEESE JUS
- STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING · 7 Sticky toffee pudding served with Draynes Farm honeycomb ice cream and butterscotch.
- TORTE · 7 Chocolate and orange torte served with Draynes Farm vanilla ice cream and hazelnut praline.
- PAVLOVA · 7 Fresh fruit Pavlova served with mixed berry compote and basil cream.
- CHEESECAKE · 7 Cheesecake of the day served with Draynes Farm ice cream of choice.
- CHEESEBOARD · 11.50 Selection of Irish cheese, chutney, artisan crackers and frozen grapes (serves 2).